- 1 Large Onion
- 1 egg
- Bread crumbs
- Olive oil
For the breading:
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- 2 tablespoons of sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- Peel the onion and cut it into flowers. To do this, we will start by cutting the onion into 4 equal parts without cutting the bottom. Make another 4 cross cuts so that a total of 12 segments remain. If they are too big, you can make more cuts.
- Clean well the remains between the petals of the onion flower and reserve it.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour well with the other batter ingredients.
- Coat the onion with the flour mixture. Spread it well so that it reaches each petal.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and dip the previously battered onion in flour.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a deep dish. Sprinkle the onion.
- In a deep frying pan, put plenty of Olive Oil to fry. Heat it to about 170º and carefully dip the onion.
- Once it is fried (after about 4 minutes), we let it rest on absorbent paper towel before serving.