Did you know?
Polyphenols are bioactive compounds of extra virgin olive oil with strong antioxidant power.
Natural organic compound present in the oil that is part of the polyphenol family. It is responsible for the sensation of bitterness and spiciness. It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory characteristics.
A fat-soluble vitamin that comes from tocopherols(vitamin E) in extra virgin olive oil.
KNOW THE EVOO
CURIOSITIES ABOUT OLIVE OIL
- Did you know? The color of olive oil is not related to quality. Depending on variables like the olive variety, where it's grown, climate and harvest timing your olive oil can range from pale yellow to dark green.
- Did you know? There are different varieties of olive oils each with unique characteristics to match them with different dishes. Check the back of the bottles of our Heritage Line to learn what dishes pair best with each oil.
- Did you know? Because oil flows from the olives naturally when they are crushed soley by mechanical means, the vitamins and natural ingredients are not destroyed with chemicals and preservatives.
- Did you know? Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the basis of the Mediterranean Diet, one of the longest running and most healthy diets in the world.
- Did you know? Spain is the 3rd country in life expectancy in the world according to the World Health Organization.
- Did you know? The best way to store olive oil is out of light in a cool and dark place with the cap tightly secured.