- 24 white corn tortillas (small)
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Garcia de la Cruz Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 purple cabbage (small)
- 2 avocado (medium, sliced)
- 2 Roma tomatoes (diced, optional)
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (longer stems removed)
- 4 ounces cotija cheese (grated)
- 1 lime (cut into 8 wedges to serve)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from 1 medium lime)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce (or to taste)
2. Lightly drizzle fish with olive oil and top each piece with a dot of butter. Baked at 375˚F for 20-25 min. If you want it to get a little browned around the edges, you can broil for 3-5 minutes at the end if desired.
3. Combine all the Taco sauce ingredients: 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup Mayo, 2 Tbsp lime juice (from 1 medium lime), 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp Sriracha sauce, or to taste in a medium bowl or a large measuring cup and whisk together until well blended. It’s really fun and feels like dining out to serve the sauce in a squeeze bottle like this one
4. To serve the tacos, quickly toast the corn tortillas on a large dry skillet or griddle over medium/high heat.
5. To assemble: start with the fish then add remaining ingredients finishing off with a generous sprinkle of cotija cheese and finally that awesome taco sauce! Serve with a fresh lime wedge to squeeze extra lime juice over tacos.