This amazing recipe was made by @sundaydinnerdiary
Garlic & Herb Crusted Lamb Chops
Smooth Garcia de la Cruz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil recommended
- 2 (8-rib) frenched racks of lamb, seasoned with kosher salt & cracked black pepper
- Combine the following ingredients, then spread over meaty parts of lamb & marinate 30 mins before roasting:
- 3 TBSP Garcia de la Cruz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 TBSP finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 sprigs tarragon, leaves minced, stems reserved
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- 1 stick (8 TBSP) salted butter
🔥 Preheat oven to 450°F. Cover exposed lamb bones with foil. Roast lamb meaty side up for 20 mins. Turn racks & roast for 10 mins longer for med-rare. Transfer racks to a carving board, stand them upright & let rest 10 mins before carving into single or double chops.
🔥 Make béarnaise while roasting rack of lamb. Combine wine, vinegar, herb stems, shallots, peppercorns in saucepan. Bring to a simmer over med-high heat & lower heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook until reduced to about 2 TBSP liquid, about 15 mins. Strain liquid through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl, pressing on the solids with back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible.
🔥 Combine reduction, mustard & yolks in a cup or bowl that just fits the head of an immersion blender. Melt butter in saucepan over high heat, swirling constantly, until foaming subsides. Place immersion blender into the bottom of the cup with the reduction. With the blender running, slowly pour all the hot butter into cup. Watch it emulsify into a creamy, thick sauce. Fold in chopped tarragon. Serve immediately with lamb.