Beautiful shot by @foodforthoughtwithsb. Check out her IG for amazing recipe ideas! She followed Chef Billy Parisi’s hummus recipe and created this beautiful hummus using our exquisite Early Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
OLIVE OIL HUMMUS
- Lemon Juice
- García de la Cruz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Submerge some dried chickpeas in cold water and let them sit overnight. I like for the water to cover the chickpeas by at least 4 inches.
- Drain the chickpeas and transfer to a pot and add in cold water until it is covering the garbanzo beans by about 2 inches.
- Bring them to a boil over high heat and then simmer for 30-40 minutes over low heat or until tender.
- Drain the cooked garbanzo beans and transfer to a pot or bowl and cover them with cold water.
- Place your hands into the pot or bowl and move the chickpeas around, irritating them so that the outside shell falls off (see the video). Scoop up the shells using a hands trainer and remove. While this step is not necessary will make your hummus so much creamier and delicious.
- Drain the chickpeas and set aside. if you are using canned chickpeas, all you need to do is drain them and they are ready to use.
- While the chickpeas are cooking, add some garlic cloves and García de la Cruz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a small size saucepot and cook over low heat for 30-40 minutes or until soft and very browned. Yes, there will be plenty of leftover roasted garlic and roasted garlic García de la Cruz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil to use in other recipes.
- Drain the roasted garlic from the García de la Cruz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add the chickpeas to a food processor and pulse on high speed until it becomes a very thick paste.
- Next, add in the tahini, lemon juice, roasted garlic cloves, and salt and process at low speed while drizzling in some roasted garlic García de la Cruz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil until very smooth. This will take about 2-4 minutes.
- Serve with García de la Cruz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, cayenne, and chopped parsley