Recipe by Sunday Dinner Diary
LAMB CHOPS AND CRISPY POTATOES
Hot Chili Organic Garcia de la Cruz EVOO recommended
- 8 lamb loin chops
- Garcia de la Cruz Organic Hot Chili infused EVOO
- Salt, pepper & dried thyme.
- Garcia de la Cruz Master Miller Organic EVOO
- 10-12 garlic cloves
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 TBSP chopped parsley
- 1 TSP red pepper flakes
- Baking soda
- 5 peeled, cubed russet or yukon gold potatoes
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- A small handful of chopped rosemary
PAN SEARED LAMB CHOPS
- Season lamb loin chops (I used 8 chops, 1.5 in thick each) with Garcia de la Cruz Organic Hot Chili infused EVOO, salt, pepper & dried thyme.
- In a heavy skillet (I used cast iron), heat a 3 TBSP Garcia de la Cruz Master Miller Organic EVOO, add lamb & 10-12 garlic cloves (halved), & sear lamb on high heat for 3 minutes per side. Leave garlic in skillet, remove lamb & let rest.
- In the meantime, add 4 TBSP water, juice of 1/2 lemon, 3 TBSP chopped parsley, & 1 TSP red pepper flakes to skillet. Scrape up any brown bits & sizzle about 2 minutes. Drizzle over lamb & serve.
- CRISPY POTATOES
Add 2 TBSP salt & 1 TBSP baking soda to medium pot of boiling water. Add 5 peeled, cubed russet or yukon gold potatoes & cook until almost fork tender.
- In the meantime, combine 2 TBSP minced garlic & a small handful of chopped rosemary leaves with 6 TBSP Garcia de la Cruz Master Miller Organic EVOO & simmer for 3 minutes in a small pan.
- Combine potatoes & oil in a bowl. Gently mix until a mashed potato like layer forms.
- Spread evenly onto a baking pan, season with pepper & roast for 20 minutes in preheated oven at 450°F, turn & scrape any potatoes stuck to pan half way through. Roast additional 20 minutes. Serve.