LEMON LOAF CAKE
5G Garcia de la Cruz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil recommended
- 2/3 cup Garcia de la Cruz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar or 1 cup of honey or maple syrup
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar sifted
- 2-3 tablespoon milk or fresh lemon juice for more lemon flavor
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together Garcia de la Cruz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, granulated sugar, lightly beaten eggs, greek yogurt, lemon juice, vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon extract.
In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture while whisking together until well combined.
Add lemon cake batter to a greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and bake in oven for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the center and comes out clean (mine baked in about 52 minutes).
Let cool for 10 minutes then remove from the loaf pan to finish cooling.
Once the cake has cooled completely, whisk together confectioner’s sugar and milk or lemon juice and pour over the cake.
Let the icing set and then enjoy!