Recipe by plant-based Chef @naturallyzuzu
Early Harvest Garcia de la Cruz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil recommended
Serving size 6.
Prep time 35 min.
-1 1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes cut in half (use 2 large heirloom tomatoes substitute the cherry tomatoes)
-1 medium stale baguette or left over sourdough cut in cubes.
-2 ripe peaches sliced
-1/2 red onion sliced thinly
-1 ripe avocado sliced or chopped
-1/2 cup of cooked chickpeas
-Handful of fresh basil chopped
-Handful of blueberries
-2 tbsp of Garcia de la Cruz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil to toast the bread
For the vinaigrette:
-1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
-3 tablespoons Garcia de la Cruz Balsamic vinegar
-1/2 cup Garcia de la Cruz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
-1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven at 375 F. Line the baking sheet with some parchment paper or foil.
- Toss the cut stale bread with 2 tbsp of Garcia de la Cruz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and toast it for 10-15 min until bread is golden brown and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile toss the chopped tomatoes, peaches, avocado, onion, chickpeas, basil and blueberries in a large salad bowl. Add the bread.
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl mix well and pour it over the salad.
- Let the salad drench in the vinaigrette for 10 min.